Flordis Ginsana | Physical Endurance (Ginseng)
Florids Ginsana is clinically proven to increase energy, endurance and improve immune function. Ginsana contains a unique extract of Panax ginseng that has 35 years of scientific investigation and clinical use behind it.Read more
Choose the size and options that are right for you
Florids Ginsana® (G115) is clinically proven to increase energy, endurance (1-10) and improve immune function. (11-15) Ginsana contains a unique extract of Panax ginseng (G115) that has 35 years of scientific investigation and clinical use behind it.
Ginsana is manufactured in Switzerland by Ginsana SA, a world-leading phytomedicine group, which has been registered in Switzerland since 1975.
What is Ginsana used for?
Traditionally, Panax ginseng has been used as an adaptogen, to support adrenal health, energy and to enhance physical capacities during times of stress.
Clinical trials have demonstrated that Ginsana:
- Energises and invigorates the body
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves physical performance, endurance, stamina and fitness
- Assists recovery from states of fatigue and exhaustion
Many people may benefit from taking Ginsana, including:
- People requiring additional energy in their day: Ginsana reduces physical strain; improves physical energy and the immune system response.1-7,11-13
- Physically active people and athletes: Ginsana improves oxygen uptake and endurance; increases fitness and shortens recovery time.1-10
- People who are fatigued and run down: Ginsana improves immune response and reduces the incidence of common infections such as cold and flu.12,13
Safety & efficacy
The Panax ginseng extract used in Ginsana has been widely researched in numerous studies over the last 35 years, including clinical and pre-clinical trials. This research has demonstrated the significant health benefits of using Ginsana and its excellent tolerability.
Ginsana's unique formulation
Ginsana capsules contain a specific extract of Panax ginseng that is produced using a standardised and controlled process. In the preparation of Ginsana, only selected ‘white ginseng’ roots are used; these are harvested after 5 to 7 years’ growth, to ensure optimal concentration of active components.
Ginsana has been clinically proven, it is the exact product that has been used in numerous clinical trials. This is very important for natural medicines as there can be great variance between products, even if they appear to use the same active ingredients, due to the part of the plant that is used, growing methods, harvesting processes and manufacturing methods. The outcomes of clinical studies for natural medicines should therefore only apply to the exact product that has been tested.
Directions & dosage
Adults and adolescents over 12 years: 2 capsules daily – both to be taken with breakfast, or one with breakfast and one with lunch.
Whilst the benefits of Ginsana may be felt quickly, it is recommended to follow a course for at least 2 months; this may be interrupted with a 2 week break and then resumed.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, it is important to speak with a healthcare professional.
1. Dörling E et al. 1980, Notab Med 10(5):241-246 2. Forgo I, Kirchdorfer AM. 1981, Aerztl Praxis 33(44):1784-1786 3. Forgo I, Kirchdorfer AM. 1982, Comm. 3. Notab Med 12(9):721-727 4. Forgo I. 1983, MMW 125(38):822-824 5. Forgo I, Schimert G. 1985, Notab Med 15(9):636-640 6. Forgo I et al. 1981, Med Welt 32(19):751-756 7. Ardenne M von, Klemm W. 1987, Panminerva Med 29(2): 143-150 8. Van Schepdael P. 1993, Acta Ther 19:337-34713 9. Gross D, et al. 1995, Schweiz Zschr Ganzheits-Med 7(1):29-33 10. Pujol P. et al. 1996, Int Pre-Olympic Sci Cong, Dallas, 10-14 Jul 11. Scaglione F, et al. 1990, Drugs Exptl Clin Res 16(10):537-542 12. Scaglione F, et al.1994, Int J Immunother 10(1): 21-24 13. Scaglione F, et al. 1996, Drugs Exptl Clin Res 22(2):65-72 14. Scaglione F et al. 2001, Clin Drug Invest 21(1), 41-45 15. Gundling Ket al.2002, Focus Altern Complement Ther 7 (1), 95
Some of this research was conducted using funding provided by Ginsana SA.
Should Ginsana be stopped before surgery?
It is recommended to stop Ginsana 2 weeks before surgery. However, it is important to discuss this with your healthcare professional, including your anaesthetist and surgeon.
Is Ginsana likely to interact with other medications?
There are no known interactions between Ginsana and any prescribed medications. However, caution is advised in patients with bleeding disorders and for those on medications that may increase the risk of bleeding. It is important to speak with a healthcare professional before starting Ginsana if you are taking prescription medications.
How long should I take Ginsana for?
It is recommended to take Ginsana regularly for at least 2 months and then interrupt for 2 weeks’ break before resuming. The benefits for some people are felt quite quickly, whilst for others the full course may be necessary to experience maximum benefit. If you have specific questions about taking Ginsana, it is important to speak with a healthcare professional.
Can Ginsana be used during pregnancy and lactation?
Ginsana is not recommended during pregnancy or lactation as there are no published studies to establish its safe use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Is Ginsana likely to have any side effects?
Ginsana is generally very well tolerated. If higher than the recommended dose is ingested, signs of nervousness may occur in some individuals. In rare cases, gastrointestinal reactions (such as nausea, stomach pain and diarrhoea) and decreased sleep requirements have been reported after taking Ginsana. It is important to speak with a healthcare professional if you are concerned about possible side effects.
Is Ginsana gluten free?
Yes, Ginsana is gluten free.
Does Ginsana contain lactose?
Yes, Ginsana contains a very small amount of lactose (43mg) in each capsule.
Does Ginsana contain any stimulants or sugar?
No, Ginsana does not contain any caffeine, stimulating substances or sugar.
How does Ginsana differ to other Panax ginseng products?
Ginsana is clinically proven, it is the exact product has been used in clinical trials. Each Ginsana capsule contains a specific extract of Panax ginseng that is produced using a standardised and controlled process.
In the preparation of Ginsana, only selected ‘white ginseng’ roots are used; these are harvested after 5 to 7 years’ growth, to ensure optimal concentration of active components. This unique extract has 35 years of scientific investigation and usage behind it. Due to the variability of natural medicines, Ginsana’s efficacy and tolerability may not be extrapolated to other Panax ginseng products.